This post is also available in: Suomi
Who still dares to claim that the Middle Eastern delicacy Bulgur is tasteless? This recipe for Tomato Bulgur will bury any preconceptions. A wonderfully tasty side dish, even when paired with fried salmon.
Tomato BulgurPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 dl bulgur
- 2 dl water
- 2 dl pureed tomato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 juice of lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper chili is also good
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or a handful of fresh oregano
- Take a cup of olive oil and mix the spices in it.
- Bring the water and the pureed tomatoes to the boil.
- Add the bulgur to the water. Stir for a minute while the water is still boiling and then remove from the heat.
- Add the spicy oil to the bulgur and leave under the lid to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir well and place in a serving dish.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 596mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 433IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg
Do you have a recipe?Share it to the world with us. With valuable backlink. Read more here Leave a recipe!
Last Updated on January 31, 2023 by Flavorado