This post is also available in: Suomi
Mexican-style pulled beef, or “barbacoa”, is easy to make, as pulled beef always is. It just takes time. Measure the ingredients into the pot and wait. The end result is an infinitely juicy and nicely spicy pulled beef that you can put between tacos, in burritos or on top of nachos.
Barbacoa – Mexican pulled beefPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1,2 kg boneless beef chuck roast brisket is also suitable
- 1 onion
- 3 dl meat stock
- 0,5 dl lime juice
- 5 chipotle chillies or similar
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dry the meat on kitchen paper and cut it into four pieces to make it easier to fit into the pot. Season the surfaces generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in the casserole and add the chopped onion, meat stock, all the spices and the lime juice.
- Simmer gently under the lid for about 8 hours. Check occasionally that the stock does not dry out. Add more water if this happens.
- Using two forks, tear the pulled beef in a pot. Stir in the rest of the broth and serve barbacoa with lime wedges.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on July 5, 2022 by Flavorado