This post is also available in: Suomi
Well seasoned and fluffed, this vegetable soup is a great starter for a special meal. Vegetable soup is also good as it is, but you can make it more festive by adding cold-smoked salmon on top.
Pureed Vegetable SoupPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 litres of water
- 200 g swede
- 3 carrots
- 200 g celery root
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 dl cream
- fresh herbs e.g. thyme or lettuce for garnish
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Chop the onion and sauté with the butter in a saucepan. Meanwhile, peel the vegetables and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Pour the water into the pan and add the vegetables. Season according to the instructions. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes to allow the vegetables to overcook.
- Blend the soup well with a hand blender. Until then, you can make the soup ready for the fridge the day before.
- Reheat and stir in the cream. Whisk thoroughly with a hand blender and check the flavours.
- Serve the vegetable soups on plates and garnish with fresh herbs or a sprout salad.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on June 1, 2022 by Flavorado