This post is also available in: Suomi
A classic dish that needs little explanation (for Scandinavians at least). Lindström’s steaks are a gift from Swedish cuisine to the world. Serve Lindström steaks with boiled potatoes, a fried egg and capers.
Biff a la LindstromPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 500 g minced beef
- 300 g pickled beetroot in a jar
- ½ dl beetroot juice from the jar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dl breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 1 tablespoon onion flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil for frying
- Grate the beetroot into a bowl and add the juice, egg, vinegar and spices.
- Stir the breadcrumbs into the mixture. Sprinkle the potato flour on top. Let it rest a few minutes.
- Take the minced meat to a chopping board and cut it to very fine.
- Combine the beetroot mixture and the minced meat. Knead a smooth dough and divided them into 8 patties.
- Fry the Biff a la Lindstrom steaks on a cast iron pan with a generous amount of oil for 4-5 minutes per side. Cover whit a lid. Steaks need to be crispy on top but don`t let them burn. Let them rest a few minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on June 2, 2022 by Flavorado