This post is also available in: Suomi
A nice, tasty salsa sauce echoes from the Mexican kitchen. It’s a great choice as a dip for nachos, as well as for the barbecue. You can make a lot of salsa at once. It just gets better when kept for a couple of days in the fridge.
Tomato SalsaPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 300 g good quality tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno slices
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Put the tomato paste in a saucepan. Season with vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Boil for 15 minutes. Careful not to get burnt as the tomato splashes easily when hot.
- Peel and chop the onion as finely as you can. Also chop the bell pepper and jalapenos into very fine cubes.
- Once the tomato paste has boiled, add the vegetables and leave the salsa sauce to cool for a while.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on May 25, 2022 by Flavorado