This post is also available in: Suomi
Bhurji is an Indian-style scrambled egg dish. This scrambled egg is also usually served at breakfast, alongside a variety of Indian breads such as paratha. Bhurji can also be made from paneer, a home-made cheese.
Bhurji – Indian Scrambled EggsPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chilli
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric for colour
- fresh coriander for garnish
- Finely chop the onions and chilli. Dice the tomato. Fry the vegetables in a pan with oil until the onion softens. Add the spices.
- Break the eggs and whisk until fluffy. Pour the eggs into the pan and slowly scramble to form a scrambled egg. Do not overcook. Leave a little juiciness in the eggs.
- Serve the bhurji immediately warm. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on June 2, 2022 by Flavorado