This post is also available in: Suomi
A classic Italian appetizer, combining meat and fish. Vitello tonnato is a delight right from the start of dinner. If you can’t find a mature veal cutlet in the grocery store, use a beef roast. A good tonnato also comes from a turkey cutlet.
Vitello tonnatoPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 300 g cooked veal cutlet or turkey
- 150 g tuna in tin
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 dl mayonnaise
- 1 basil for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Wash the tuna. Put in a blender.
- Add the other sauce ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Be careful not to get too loose.
- Pile the portions neatly on a plate.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on May 25, 2022 by Flavorado