This post is also available in: Suomi
The duck breast, steamed and cooked in herbs and soy until it is very tender. This is one of the Chinese delicacies. Do not confuse to Pekings Duck though.
Shanghai DuckPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 breast of duck 300-400g
- 1 dl soy sauce
- 1 dl water
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 tablespoon five-spice
- 10 peppercorns
- Spring onions or chives for garnish
- Peel and chop the ginger.
- Mix the spice ingredients in a cup.
- Make cross-cuts in the fat side of the duck breast.
- Place it fat side down in the pan.
- Pour over the spice broth and turn up the heat until the broth just comes to a boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 2 hours. See that it does not dry up on pan. Add little water if needed.
- Take the duck breast to a cutting board and slice thinly.
- Place in a serving dish. Strain the broth and pour it over the duck breast.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions or chives.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Last Updated on June 2, 2022 by Flavorado