This post is also available in: Suomi
Pastitsio is the Greek version of lasagne. A really delicious and juicy dish for pasta lovers.
PastitsioPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 500 g tube pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 3 dl whole milk
- 500 g ground beef
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 dl tomato paste
- 10 green olives
- 5 tbsp dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 dl meat stock
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Take pasta in 2 parts (for layering at the end) and bring to brisk boil in salted water. The pasta should remain very crispy.
- Chop the onions and olives as finely as you can. Put a large pan on the stove, add the olive oil and onions. Start to gently sear.
- Take the meat to a chopping board and chop with a large knife. When the onion starts to turn yellow, add the meat to the pan.
- When the meat starts to colour, season the sauce with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Swirl for a moment and add the olives, oregano, meat broth and tomato paste. Cover and leave to simmer gently.
Make the béchamel sauce like this:
- Heat a saucepan and melt the butter. Heat and add the butter, sprinkle in the flour and start whisking in the milk. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Heat the oven to 210C. Choose a suitable baking tray. Cut the garlic cloves in half and pull the cloves against the surface of the pan. Leave the cloves in the pan. This will give the dish a wonderful garlic flavour.
- Once the pasta is boiling, carefully strain the water out. Combine the tube pasta and the béchamel sauce in a saucepan. Stir well.
- Place half of the pasta in the bottom of the pan. Then make a layer of the meat sauce and pour the rest of the pasta on top. Carefully level the pasta.
- Bake the pastitsio in the oven for 30 minutes until the surface is slightly coloured.
- Let the pasta rest on the table for a while and enjoy.
Do you have a recipe?Share it to the world with us. With valuable backlink. Read more here Leave a recipe!
Last Updated on May 21, 2022 by Flavorado