This post is also available in: Suomi
A dessert that’s good for any occasion. The overnight meringue-making process ensures a mouth-watering treat.
PavlovaPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 2 dl whipping cream
- ½ kg strawberries or raspberries
- icing sugar for decoration
To make the meringue:
- Separate the whites (no yolks should get into the whites, otherwise the whites will not foam).
- Whisk the whites and sugars; 7 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp vanilla sugar with an electric whisk until foamy. The foam will be thick enough to stick to the bottom of the bowl even if you lift the bowl upside down.
- Sprinkle a little potato flour on a baking sheet through a sieve and portion the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet in two sheets.
- Bake in a 100C oven for 1.5 hours. Turn off the heat and leave the meringue to rest in the oven overnight.
- Take 1/4 of the strawberries and puree them with a hand blender into a sauce. Add the rest of the sugar (to your taste).
- Whip the whipped cream.
- Assemble the pavlova. Add the meringue to the bottom. Top with jam and whipped cream.
- Put another layer of meringue on top and garnish with whipped cream and berries.
- Serve the Pavlova immediately. Otherwise, the meringue will melt down.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 619IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg
Do you have a recipe?Share it to the world with us. With valuable backlink. Read more here Leave a recipe!
Last Updated on May 31, 2022 by Flavorado