This post is also available in: Suomi
Empanadas are Chilean corn pies with imaginative fillings. A few examples can be found in this recipe.
EmpanadasPrint Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 100 g butter
- 4 dl cream
- 4 dl wheat flour
- 6 dl corn flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg for lubrication
Empanadas filling options
- cooked spinach
- Diced onion
- Boiled egg
- Boiled potato
- Grated cheese
- Pepper cubes
- fried minced meat
- summer onions
- Melt the butter. Prepare the fillings, chop, boil or fry whatever you choose to fill the empanadas with. You will need about 5 dl of filling for this batch.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, mash the butter with the flour. Slowly thin the dough with cream. The empanada dough should be quite dense. Leave the dough in plastic wrap for 15 minutes to flatten. Turn the oven on to 225C.
- In the meantime, finish the filling. Season generously. Be careful not to leave the filling too loose as the empanadas will start to crack in the oven.
- Roll out the dough to half a centimetre thick. Use a pie tin to make discs of the dough. Spoon a generous tablespoon of filling into the centre. Turn the other side over to form a lid and moisten the seam with beaten egg. Press the lid tightly shut.
- Place the empanadas on a baking sheet. Brush the surface of the empanadas with egg and bake for 15 minutes to give the pies a nice colour.
- Allow the empanadas to cool after baking and enjoy fresh.
Nutrition (values are an approximate guide)
Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 628IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg
Do you have a recipe?Share it to the world with us. With valuable backlink. Read more here Leave a recipe!
Last Updated on May 21, 2022 by Flavorado